My guesthouse is situated in the center of the village Dornach next to an old monastery garden at the back of the house.
Directly next to the house is a good Infrastructure, various grocery stores, boutiques, Hair stylists, camera & photo-store, flower shops, restaurants, and a public swimming pool, natural walkways at the river Birs within 2 min. walking distance.
- 10 sec. 2x hair stylists
- 10 sec. -1.min Turkish specialty Kebab & Pizza take away
- 1 min. Historic bridge place with shopping boutiques
- 1-2 min. 2x Supermarkets
- 1 min. 2 Drugstores also with natural healthcare drugs
- 1 min. 5 various Restaurants Italian Pizzeria or traditional Swiss kitchen
- 1 min. Coffee or tea houses
- 1 min. Ancient Monastery Church of Dornach
- 1 min. Abbey garden restaurant
Only 1min. walking distance to public transport
- 10 min. by train to the main station Basel SBB
- 35-40 min. to the Airport Basel-Mulhouse
- 15 min. Basel city Marketplace
- 20 min. River Rhein-promenade in Klein Basel
- 15-30 min. around 40 famous Museums in Basel Area
- Railway S3 / 10 min from Station Dornach/Arlesheim or
- Tram line 10 / 20 min. to Basel city
- From our door afoot and public transportation:
- 25 min. to the famous Fair in Basel
Van "Seat Ducato"
Available to rent with seats for up to 9 people.
Per day 270.- incl.100km. +2.20 per km incl. diesel. 3 days 750.- incl. 300km / longer in special fee arrangement. Also usable as a simple camping bus for up to 2-3 person (in special fee arrangement).
Distances to natural and cultural things
- 1 min. River Birs board walking area
- 1 min. Swimming pool at the Riverside (May-Sept.)
- 5 min. Minnigolf Riverside Park with Garden Restaurant
- 15 min. 3 larger swimming pool-parks
- 15-20 min Goetheanum Anthroposophy-center
- 25 min. Arlesheim baroque cathedral and historic English garden Hermitage in the valley
- 30 min. Temple Rustic with high measured earth energy
- 30 min. Dornach castle with beautiful wide view
- 8 miles (10 km) Basel city & fair: Historic old town with Munster-Cathedral, River-Rhein-promenade with ferryboats to the Promenade in Klein-Basel, old market place, university, theatre, zoo, botanic garden, almost 40 special museums
- 9.5 miles (12 km) Triangle Border where Switzerland meets France and Germany at the harbor of Basel
- 5 miles (8 km) green 80' Park with waterspout fountain Botanic garden with various Restaurants and childrens playground
- 10 miles (15 km) Maria-Stein Wallfahrts-Kirche
- 10 miles (15 km) frontier with regional shopping centers of Germany (Grenzach, Weil am Rhein or Lörrach) and France (St.Louis, Mulhouse & fantastic region of Elsass)
- 15- 30 miles (25-50 km) wonderful black forest tour in Germany
- 60 miles (100 km) about 1 hour by train, to the Swiss Alps and the beautiful cities Luzern, Zürich and Berne (Capitol city)
A famous wide view (at clear days you could see the Alps):
- 1.2 miles (2 km) Goetheanum Anthroposophy-center
- 1.8 miles (3 km) Dorneck Historic Castle
- 4 miles (6 km) Gempen Restaurant and Tower
I hope my description could give you an overview and make you curious about my little world! I would be happy to get know to you and host you in my ambitious guest house.
Kind regards, Svanette