Only 1 hour from Basel main station SBB in the heart of the beautiful Jura hiking area is 4234 Zullwil and Chez Svanette's guest house Villa Sonnglück with a wonderful view of Gilgenberg Castle. 5 min. on foot from public transport: Bus 111 every 30 min. to Laufen to train S3 every 30min.
In the immediate vicinity of the house there is a beautiful circular hiking trail in 1 minute. You are in the forest with excellent hiking trails.
Easily accessible by public transport, car or bicycle
- 60 minutes to Basel SBB, main station
- excellent museums in the Basel region, some of which are internationally renowned
- 95 mins to Basel-Mulhouse Airport
- 10 min natural pool in Breitenbach
- 10 min. Country inn Roderis
- 15 min. Langgasthof zur Sonne, Reigoldswil
- 15 min walk Historic town
- 30 min Delémont Historical town
- 30 minutes Liestal historic town center with museum
- 20 minutes from Reigoldswil to the Wasserfalle cable car
- 10 min. Kalt Brunnenthal wonderful hike in midsummer to Grellingen
A village further, in 4208 Nunningen there is a Coop supermarket, a post office and a bank branch 2 bakers, hairdressers, flower shops with souvenirs and a few restaurants, two doctors and a physiotherapist.
- Hairdresser Hairlight in Zullwil
- Bank & post office
- Pizza also to take away
- Coop supermarket
- Restaurant with various specialties: pizzeria or Swiss cuisine
- Coffee confectionery
- Spiritiflower Flowers and Decor Shop
- 2 gas stations and garage
Health support in the near vicinity
- 2 pharmacies also with naturheil products in Breitenbach
- Unimed. TSM naturopathic doctor therapists in Nunningen
- General practitioner in Nunningen
- Physical therapy
Region Zullwil Gilgenberg Nunningen
- Gilgenberg Castle
- Portiflue rocks
- Nunninger Bergmatte
- Meltinger Bergmatte with restaurant operation at weekends
- Gilgenberg Castle
- Hirnikopf *Viewpoint with a view of the Alps
- Stirenberg *viewpoint with a view of the Alps (Stirenberg restaurant open at weekends)
- The cable car in Reigoldswil takes you to the Wasserfalle
*On a clear day you can see the Alps to the west.
Distances in Switzerland and the nearby border areas
Zullwil is centrally located, you can reach many brilliant sights from Laufen or Liestal. In just 1-2 hours / 100 km the Alps near Lucerne, Lake Lucerne, Zurich with the lake and foothills of the Alps and the Bernese Alps or the western Swiss lakes such as Lake Biel or Lake Neuchâtel.
- 35 km Messe Basel & historic center and sights: old town, Basel Cathedral, take the ferry to the other bank of the Rhine to the promenade on the Rhine, beautiful town hall on the market square, university, theater, zoo park, botanical garden and more than 40 museums, some of them world-famous…
- 40 km of borders between France, Switzerland and Germany - the so-called border triangle
- 25 km pilgrimage church & Maria Stein monastery: Benedictine abbey
- 35 km of shopping in nearby Germany: Grenzach Wylen or Weil am Rhein, Lörrach... or in France: Saint-Louis
- 1-1.5 hrs to France Mulhouse, Colmar, Strasbourg and Germany to the Black Forest and Freiburg
- 1-1.5 hours to the Alps in Bern, Lucerne, Zurich, Biel, Neuchâtel
Minibus Seat Ducato
Can be rented as a travel camper with the simplest but very comfortable equipment.
200.-CHF incl. 150 km. Additional kilometers will be charged at 1.- / km including diesel. 2-day package CHF 300 incl. 250 km / 3 days CHF 450 incl. diesel and 300 km. Longer-term special arrangements on request.
Below you will find information on distances to individual popular Swiss sights and excursion destinations.